COVID-19 Pro-Rated Refunds
2020欧洲杯体育投注During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Montana University System’s foremost priority is the safety of our students, faculty and staff. We recognize there are other issues of importance, financial and otherwise.
Per the Montana Commissioner of Higher Education’s direction, Montana State University Billings has developed a process to issue pro-rated spring semester Room & Board refunds for students who are no longer living in the residence halls beginning March 23 or after.
Pro-Rated Refund Process
- Complete a
- Housing & Residence Life staff will review all requests and follow-up with students
- Please note that Housing & Residence Life will validate that the student is not living on-campus anymore.
- Wednesday, March 25 - - Pro-Rated Refund Process Announced to Students
- Friday, April 3 @ 5pm - - Priority Date for refund requests to be submitted
- Monday, April 6 - Tuesday, April 14 - - Student Accounts and Financial Aid review student records and calculate amount of Room & Board refund for each student
- Wednesday, April 15 - - Refunds disbursed from Montana State University Billings for students submitting required information by April 3 @ 5pm. Refunds requested after the priority date will be processed within 14 days of being received.
Refund Delivery Process
- All students are encouraged to sign-up for Direct Deposit to expedite the delivery of any refund amount. It can take up to 3 weeks to process a paper check if the student is not signed up for Direct Deposit
- To sign-up for Direct Deposit, please visit login to and select Electronic Billing and Payment. More information about Direct Deposit can be found on the Student Accounts webpage.
- If students do not want Direct Deposit, they should ensure that their mailing address is updated in (Personal Information tab) to ensure that the refund check is sent to the correct address.
- Yes, you are still eligible to request a pro-rated refund if you are currently living somewhere other than the residence halls, but still have some personal belongings in the residence halls.
- No, the pro-rated refund is only for students who are no longer living in the residence halls.
- If you choose to move out of the residence halls between now and the end of the semester, you will become eligible to request a pro-rated refund from the date you moved out to the end of the semester.
- All requests that are submitted by 5pm on Friday, April 3 will be processed for payment by Wednesday, April 15. Any request that is submitted after April 3 @ 5pm will be refunded within 14 days of the request.
- Per the Montana Commissioner of Higher Education, MSU Billings will be using Monday, March 23 to calculate pro-rated refunds. The last day of the semester in the refund calculation is May 1.
- Any student with a cancellation date after March 23, 2020 will be refunded for the pro-rated portion representing the day after they cancel until the end of the semester.
- The amount of the pro-rated refund will be applied towards your balance on your student account or the balance of a deferred payment plan amount. If there is any money left over after being applied to those balances, a refund will be processed and sent to the student.
- Residence Life is formulating a plan to work with students and families to retrieve their personal belongings at a later date and will communicate a plan in the coming weeks.